Repairs policy update
As reported in the last edition of Tap4, we’ve carried out a detailed review of our repairs service to see how we can make it better.
We asked you get involved in the review through a number of surveys held last year. Hundreds of you took part and we really appreciate your comments and ideas. As a result of this work, we’ve revised our repairs policy, taking your feedback and ideas into account.
Whilst we’re only able to offer an emergency repairs service at the moment, we want to explain how the service will work once we’re out of lockdown and things are running as normal.
About the new policy
The revised policy has been designed to give you a better repairs service while helping us to deliver quality, affordable homes for everyone. The new policy has the core aims of:
- completing a repair on the first visit;
- delivering a service that focuses on customer care and high levels of satisfaction among tenants;
- making the best use of our resources to ensure we’re giving you value for money;
- providing a repairs and maintenance service that keeps your home in good repair.
Key changes to the policy
The new policy means that we can do more repairs inside your home while extending the timeframe for dealing with emergency repairs. The main changes include us:
- completing all emergency repairs within either 2 or 24 hours (removing 12 hour and 3-day targets);
- replacing all failed double glazing (was living rooms only previously);
- repairing or replacing kitchen and bathroom doors;
- replacing lamps in kitchens and bathrooms;
- carrying out extended refurbishments to empty properties before new tenants move in.
The changes also ensure we comply with new legislation under the Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018.
We’re only able to offer an emergency repairs service at the moment, we want to explain how the service will work once we’re out of lockdown and things are running as normal.
Emergency repairs – within either 2 or 24 hours (depending on the urgency of the repair).
Urgent repairs – within 7 calendar days.
Routine repairs – within 21 calendar days.
PM 12 noon-4.30pm.
All day 8am-4.30pm.
Avoiding school run 9.30am-2.30pm.
Reporting a repair
Here’s a reminder on how to report a repair:
- phone us on: 01204 328000;
- pop into the Bolton at Home Reception, 98 Waters Meeting Road, Bolton BL1 8SW;
- use our web chat facility at www.boltonathome.org.uk;
- email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- write to us at: Bolton at Home, 98 Waters Meeting Road, Bolton BL1 8SW;
- send a message to our Bolton at Home Facebook page.
There will be no change to the mobile caretaker service run by our social enterprise company, Starts with you.
For more information about the revised policy, visit our website at: www.boltonathome.org.uk/repairs-service.
If you want to check what repairs we’re responsible for as your landlord, please get in touch with us on: 01204 328000 or email: email@example.com.
Our performance on repairs between March 2019 and 2020.
It took an average of 13.01 days to complete a repair.
93.89% of you were satisfied with the service. (Note: this figure relates to April 2019 to February 2020)
96.89% of repair appointments were kept to the agreed date and time.
100% of two-hour emergency repairs were responded to in time.
99.95% of 24-hour emergency repairs were responded to in time. (Note: previously this figure was reported to 12-hour emergency repairs)